Mail: Département d’Informatique CP 212 / ULB – Campus de la Plaine, Bd du Triomphe, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
Office: NO Building, Floor 8, office 2.N8.111
Phone: +32 (0) 2 650 58 27
Email: efiliot dot ulb dot be
- Automata models and their connection to logics
- Automata-theoretic methods for program synthesis
- Game theory and reactive synthesis
- Theory of automata with outputs (transducers, weighted automata)
- Synthesis of infinite-state systems (data automata, counter systems, …)
Gaëtan Douéneau-Tabot, PhD (with O. Carton), 2019-now.
Nicolas Mazzocchi (Master in CS), PhD, co-supervised with Jean-François Raskin. 2016-2020. Subject: Decidable formalisms for quantitative verification. Funded by FRIA.
Léo Exibard (Master in CS), PhD, co-supervised with Pierre-Alain Reynier. 2017-2021. Subject:Transducers of words over infinite alphabets. Now Assistant Professor (MCF) at Université Gustave Eiffel (Paris).
Ismaël JeckerIsmaël Jecker (Master in Mathematics), PhD. 2015-2019. Funded by FNRS. Now PostDoc at Warsaw University.
Nathan Lhote (Master in CS), PhD, Start: 2015-2018. Co-supervised with O. Gauwin (Labri) and A. Muscholl (Labri). Funded by French ANR project EXTSTREAM. Now Assistant Professor (MCF) at Aix-Marseille University.
Rodica Bozianu (Master in CS, MPRI, Paris), PhD, ULB/Paris 12, co-supervised with Catalin Dima. 2013-2016. Now lecturer at University of Iasi.
- Co-organizer of Dagstuhl seminar 23202 on “Regular transformations”, May 2023
- Workshop chair of CONFEST 2023: submit your proposal !
- PC member of FOSSACS 2023, MOVEP 2022, CIAA 2022, CONCUR 2021, SYNT 2021, LICS 2020, RP 2018, DLT 2017, Highlights of Logics, Automata and Games, 2017, Strategic Reasoning 2017, TTATT 2016, CSL 2016, TTATT 2013
- Co-chair of the conference RP 2019 (reachability problems). Submit you contribution !
Co-organiser of Dagstuhl seminar 17142 on Formal Methods of Transformations, 2017.
Co-organizer of Highlights of Automata, Logics, and Games, 6-9 September, 2016, Brussels
Organizer of Trends in Tree Automata and Tree Transducers (TTATT)
- Acacia+, a tool for LTL synthesis (2012, no longer maintained, please contact me for source code)
- Tree automata library in OCaml (2004, no longer maintained, please contact me for source code)
- Reactive synthesis over infinite data domains: here
- On some transducer synthesis problems: here
- Lecture on basics of finite transducers (EJCIM summer school): here
- Specification and synthesis of finite word transductions: here
- Logic-automata connections for transformations (with a sketch of proof for 2DFT / MSOT equivalence): here
- Survey on word transducers: here
- Transducer theory and streaming transformations: here
- Tutorial on queries on trees: here
- Tutorial on determinization of Büchi automata: here
Since 2013, I’m teaching “Foundations of Computer Science” at ULB, Bachelor in CS, 3rd year. The lecture introduces basic concepts of theoretical CS including: logics (boolean, first-order), proof systems, SAT/constraint solving, complexity theory including NP-hardness, computability, finite automata, program proofs.